Information we collect and how we use it
We offer a variety of services, some of which require your users’ registration or personal information. This document will refer to your users as “end users”. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a OwnMap account, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We only use that data for the service. OwnMap never shares personal information with third parties.
For our premium accounts, we’ll use a payment provider who will store your payment account information on their secure servers. This information is not shared or combined with others.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. However, some essential OwnMap features and services cannot function if your cookies are disabled.
- Log information – When you use OwnMap service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you use a web application. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
That information is used anonymously to provide to our users usage data in order to improve the service quality.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to OwnMap, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
OwnMap processes personal information for the purposes described above, and in addition to the above we use the information to:
- provide our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and advertising
- audit, research and analyze in order to maintain, protect and improve our services
- ensure the technical functioning of our network
- develop new services
OwnMap processes personal information and service data on our servers in France and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country but we do not process information on servers outside the European Union. We may process your personal information to provide our own services.
Options regarding your personal information
When you sign up for a service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case SuperSaaS may not be able to provide those services to you.
Third-Party advertisements on the free plan
OwnMap doesn’t share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of OwnMap.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to OwnMap team, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
OwnMap processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices ensuring that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use OwnMap services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Changes to this Policy